- About us
- Our Clients
- Check Records
- Online Classes
- Online Exams
- Contact Us
- Request Info
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Certification Management System (CeMS)
- What is a learning management system or LMS?
- What does “SCORM compliant” mean?
- What are the minimum computer system requirements needed to view online courses?
- What type of Internet connection and browser are recommended?
- Are the courses Apple/Mac and PC friendly?
- My company has a firewall, will this prevent me from viewing my online course?
- How do the subscriptions work?
- How long does a subscription last?
- How can I get my user ID and Password?
- What should I do if my password doesn’t work
- How can I update my personal information?
What is a Certification Management System (CeMS)?
A Certification Management System (CeMS) is a kind of Learning Management System (LMS) that provides specialized tools for managing and reporting on certifications that are the result of individual classes or a course of study.
What is a learning management system or LMS?
A learning management system (LMS) is software designed for delivering, tracking and managing training courses to participants. Compliance Solution's uniquely developed LMS complies with the most up-to-date e-learning standards (SCORM 2004), and can interchange data with a wide range of different systems.
What does "SCORM compliant" mean?
SCORM stands for Sharable Content Object Reference Model and is defined as a collection of standards and specifications for how a user interacts with an e-learning tool and how the content is packaged. These specifications were developed by the United States Secretary of Defense to standardize how a learner progresses through the training material, permits the learner to "bookmark" their progress when taking breaks, and assures the acceptability of test scores achieved by the learner.
What are the minimum computer system requirements needed to view online courses?
Compliance Solutions uses Flash MX technology to deliver advanced training and education to a user's computer. This technology is used by designers and developers to integrate video, text, audio, and graphics into rich user experiences. Flash is the world's most pervasive software platform, used by over one million professionals and reaching more than 97% of Internet-enabled desktops worldwide, as well as a wide range of devises.
- Sound capability, with speakers or headphones
- A full-color monitor and video system capable of displaying SVGA (800x600 resolution)
- An Internet connection (minimum 56kbps recommended)
- A web browser (see the list of platform/web-browser combinations supported by going to www.gettips.com/eTIPS_system.shtml)
- The Macromedia Flash MX player software
Are the courses Apple/Mac and PC friendly?
Yes. Courses, Portals, and the LMS designed by Compliance Solutions are compatible with both Mac and PC compatibility. Most versions of Linux also have no issue with Certification Manager or our SCORM support.
My company has a firewall, will this prevent me from viewing my online course?
In some cases you may need to ask your Tech. Department to allow access to our servers. You may also need to slightly lower the security settings on your computer to access the web site. If you need help doing this please contact us.
How can I get my user ID and Password?
Click here if you need your user ID and Password.
What should I do if my password doesn't work?
Make sure you are entering your password correctly. User Ids and passwords are case sensitive. If it is capitalized in the email be sure you are entering the capitalized character in the password field. Pay attention to any capital O's or zeros as these often get confused. You may also want to check your browser's security settings to ensure they are set at "Medium".
How can I update my personal information?
Once you have logged in you are able to change or update your contact information by going to the heading on the left side "Other Services" and click on "Update Your Contact Information." Make any corrections to the information and click the Save button to save it.
For more questions concerning our products or services please contact our Customer Service Department.